Inside the Office 公司内部
1. I wonder if there's any possibility of our setting up an overseas branch.
我想知道我们是否有可能成立海外分公司。
2. Well, that's a difficult question and I suppose my answer is yes.
嗯,这是个很难回答的问题,不过我想是有可能的。
3. I'm afraid this bank won't advance the money. What shall we do?
恐怕这家银行不会贷这笔款给我们,我们该怎么办?
4. Well, what I suppose is this. We should try a joint venture in order to raise the necessary fund.
嗯,我的建议是这样的。我们该试试共同投资企业,以筹募所需的资金。
5. Since Mr. Brown's been offered a better job by another firm. Is there anyone to replace him?
既然布朗先生有了另一家公司的更好职位,有谁要接替他的工作吗?
6. I just can't think of anyone offhand, but there should be somebody we'd like to promote.
我无法马上想出谁来,不过,应该有人可以提拔。
7. I wish I didn't have to say this, but the board of directors has agreed to cut down on the present staff.
真希望我不必跟你说这些,但是董事会已经同意裁员。
8. I knew sooner or later this would come.
我知道这是迟早会发生的。
9. To be honest, since you are not in a position to make any decision, you shouldn't have committed yourself.
老实说,既然你不是处于决策者的位置,你就不应该作承诺。
10. Say, how about joining me for dinner somewhere after we get through with this?
嘿,办完这事之后,和我一起找个地方共进晚餐如何?
11. That's a superb idea! In that case, why don't we invite Miss Green to come with us?
真是好主意!如果那样的话,我们何不邀请格林小姐一起去?
12. I wish I could. But she's left for the day.
我希望可以。不过她已经走了。